Am I sane?

Humble ramblings of a semi-sane mom of 2 boys and wife to one very wonderful husband.

Monday, May 15, 2006

The Aftermath

OK, so as I'm getting discharged from the hospital I'm told that I cannot drive (ok, not so bad) & cannot go up or down ANY stairs. Um, not an option. We live in a quad level home. You walk in and you are in the living room, walk through that and you are in the kitchen and dining room. To get to the downstairs (which has a family room, bathroom, office and laundry room) and the basement you have to-- yes, go downSTAIRS. Or, alternatively, if I wanted to go up to the bathroom and bedrooms, I had to go upSTAIRS. I did opt to sleep on the couch so I would be more comfortable (it was easier to get up and down from the couch than the bed), BUT I had to make several trips a day up the stairs or down the stairs to one of the bathrooms. It was a slow and painful process, I can assure you. I would place one hand on my incision site as if to protect anything from falling out and then use my other hand and arm to try and pull myself slowly up or down the stairs. Then, when I actually made it to the bathroom, I had to carefully undo my girdle thing, then SLOWLY lower myself onto the toilet. Probably TMI, but I'm just being honest here and want ya'll to realize how painful it was!! After I was done peeing, I had to SLOWLY stand back up, very gently pull my drawers up and then put my girdle back on (OH! I LOVED my girdle!!! it made me feel more secure :-) then I'd shuffle my way slowly back to the couch. I repeated this process many times over the next 10 days or so. It took a good 2-3 weeks after the surgery for me to feel human again, but the bright spot is that I lost alot of my pregnancy weight very quickly! (Hey, gotta try and find a bright spot here).
Now, here I am 10 months post partum and I'm down to and stuck at 120. I want to be at, like 112-114. I guess if I actually worked out sometime I might get there. Bikini season is almost here, so I'm gonna do my best.....will update again tomorrow and let ya'll know some new things that have been going on. Ciao, mi bellas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home